Some things to look for are:
- Verify that the slaker temperature sensor is reading correctly. (We suggest you measure slurry temperature with a hand held Infrared (IR) Temperature Thermometer.
- Look for product leaks from gaskets or rubber connections connecting different parts of the feed system.
- Ensure correct flow through water lines to the slaker seals, wet scrubber and vibrating grit screen.
- Look for quicklime buildup in/around quicklime inlet.
- Slaked lime buildup at outlet or inside the vibrating grit screen.
- Sufficient exhaust suction from the wet scrubber.
- Check the HMI/DCS alarm history.